.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 How is the Iloilo music scene?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

How is the Iloilo music scene?
Progressing
27%
 27% [ 18 ]
Regressing
24%
 24% [ 16 ]
Stagnant
49%
 49% [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 67
 

AuthorMessage
VanS3n
Tambay


Posts : 1634
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 33
Location : La Muy Leal Y Noble Ciudad de Iloilo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:59 am

@bata batuta
pirme ka man ya hubog dude... ahahah... I always see in your happy face mode kung gigs.. ahahaha

-------

deym, we do need more venues for gigs para atleast maka move kita forward biskan gamay lang..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iloilounderground.com
IndusGoth
Tambay


Posts : 2511
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 30
Location : Yellow City

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:36 am

i've been looking for this friggin' thread... hahah!! li lng, patakilidon ko anay monitor ko, ri ko opisina... hahah!!

for me? it's going down, and its going down fast... i must admit that i haven't been to gigs lately (too much stress. fuck), but from what i've heard and from what i sometimes see, it is frustrating...

1st of all, most production teams subong daw indi na kabalo kun ano ubrahon nila, ambot lang. matyag ko lang... sakto si maladriod, kung ang ga organize sang gig indi man miembro sang isa ka banda, lain gid. if you're playing in a band, you ache para sa kapareho mo. you know what they need and you know how to fulfill that need. there are other production teams that only cares about the income. that is why they get the "hatak-tao" bands, bands that are mostly playing cover songs.

and why are ilonggo bands so fucking afraid to play originals? and what is the reason why you are playing in the first place? para bla masadyahan ka nga naka tukar ka or para damo ka uyab kag damo migo mo? if you do it for the latter, artista ka na lang pre. i remembered we played in a gig before, we are going to play 3 songs bla to mong, after the 1st song, a vocalist of a "sikat" band in iloilo nga ga slam sa 1st song namon (links 2 3 4) asked me kung ano next song, hambal ko compo, sabat ya, "yut, rammstein lang bala!"... ti ano ya labot mo kun ano tukaron namon? nag lakat xa daun... fuck you eh! hahaha!! there are times that when you play you own composition, people jsut tend to look at you and your bandmates like your a group of perverts dancing around. so what? your music reflects who you are, if you must break the status quo, then do it!

when we staged play for pay, we encouraged the band to really create original songs. the ilonggo music scene was on its peak that time (i think). but then i heard one vocalist of a band we invited say to this bandmate "pre, ubra ta compo, bisan isa lang, para sa play for pay", i was like Shocked ! WWOOHHH!! ma compose kami gle para lang sa isa ka gig? ha? ha? ha? then after that? wla na? oh shyet!

that is why i really bow down and worship the bands who have made "the extra effot... ehem... effort" to really make good compositions are not afraid to play it... PCK, Diet of Wormz, MJah, 6425 and all the other band i forgot that recorded their works and made us proud to be an ilonggo, headbang

but there is still hope... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the maMones
Tambay


Posts : 1046
Join date : 2008-10-10
Location : somewhere you are not...

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:18 am

just my two cents on this thread:

what i've noticed man sa scene kag nga-a la xa nag move forward is basically sa crowd man mismo and sa environment sa isa ka lugar. and yes, production outfits are also involved here kung nga-a wala ga progress ang bands...

i've been in bacolod for around 6-7 months and frankly speaking... mas gusto ko ang work ethic sang bands didto. maski gamay lng ang scene nila po tanan ga unite. indi ko man cla tanan kilala gid po i've just noticed nga kung matukar ang banda for ex. katumbal ang matukar, 2nd song palang nila and magcover sila mas napangayo sg tawo ang originals nila ila tukaron and they try to criticize there works or the work sg mga migo nila nga banda but in a nice way. magtukar ang isa ka banda and du nagub-an gamit... may ga-hulat sa kilid nga migo from another band to assist them and kung alang2x sa members ang isa ka banda bulig gid dayon mga migo na banda ma session sa ila. that is the closest nga nakita ko nga grabe ang camaraderie and support nila when it comes to music. cguro kay gamay pagid ang ila lugar that's why mas focused sila. kung banda... banda lang gid ang focus. nang skater ma skate lang gid adlaw...same ma sa bmx scene nila... kag cguro kay ang tag-iya mismo sg studio to gafull-support man sa scene nila that is why tama gid ka active...

focus and sincerity man cguro dayon sa gina ubra is what we lack... sometimes mas gusto pa "naton" (kay tanan man ta cguro involved d ah) mag cover for some of this reasons: 1) para damo mag "slam" 2) pa-impress sa chick(s) 3) playing safe 4)we don't trust our own originals 5)scared to experiment and try new stuff 6)tamad mag-ubra originals etc...

tani kung may prod na may strict compliance bala na kilanglan at least 1-2 originals gid ayus gid tani... 2006 there are bands coming out with originals na tani... may mga new bands man nga naga try that time but i've never heard from them again...

it's a good thing RKK is still alive to be do prods kag salamat gid kay we have Nong Ricardo's sound system. the most affordable system for the indie prods hehehe... everytime i go to iloilo and given a choice when i jam with my old band... mas gusto ko tukaron ang originals namon rather than the covers... nami lng tani sa covers kung may dash sg sound gid mismo sg banda naton hehehe...

all in all... du galutaw-lutaw lang ang scene sa iloilo... tani we would hear more from bands like raya, monthly period, otm, liberty jam etc... hehehe lipat nako sg mga names sg banda nga iban...\

support lang nga support maski gamay nalang gatan-aw ah...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanS3n
Tambay


Posts : 1634
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 33
Location : La Muy Leal Y Noble Ciudad de Iloilo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:29 pm

maybe as we know better, maybe because experience wise sa scene..

I think we should also take our time to talk to other bands and encourage them to work on their own originals..

for my part, especially sa new bands nga I know some of the guys in that band, I do try to talk to them in making their own work... a little push from us guys can really go a long way

for our part in organizing, I guess I do want bands whom work more on originals to push the scene.. biskan 1 compo per set would really be great.. then eventually amat2 push into a full set nga all compo

for my part as a former band member.. I guess that's how we pulled it off eh.. we started as cover but we tried to push one original song everytime we play.. then eventually gina islan na namun ang mga covers namun w/ our own..

am quite damn proud to say nga biskan wala kami ya nag record.. atleast we have our originals and I do liked the idea that some of the guys that listen to us play actually request our own songs..

lain ang feeling nga makatukar ka nga imo tanan ubra.. wehehehehe

I guess on the long run, what Iloilo scene really needs is a little push forward from us.. that's why I appreciate this site nga we can channel all of these ideas in trying to put Iloilo scene on the map again..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iloilounderground.com
bata batuta
Moderator


Posts : 1325
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 31
Location : playground

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:19 pm

u1timo wrote:
just my two cents on this thread:

what i've noticed man sa scene kag nga-a la xa nag move forward is basically sa crowd man mismo and sa environment sa isa ka lugar. and yes, production outfits are also involved here kung nga-a wala ga progress ang bands...

i've been in bacolod for around 6-7 months and frankly speaking... mas gusto ko ang work ethic sang bands didto. maski gamay lng ang scene nila po tanan ga unite. indi ko man cla tanan kilala gid po i've just noticed nga kung matukar ang banda for ex. katumbal ang matukar, 2nd song palang nila and magcover sila mas napangayo sg tawo ang originals nila ila tukaron and they try to criticize there works or the work sg mga migo nila nga banda but in a nice way. magtukar ang isa ka banda and du nagub-an gamit... may ga-hulat sa kilid nga migo from another band to assist them and kung alang2x sa members ang isa ka banda bulig gid dayon mga migo na banda ma session sa ila. that is the closest nga nakita ko nga grabe ang camaraderie and support nila when it comes to music. cguro kay gamay pagid ang ila lugar that's why mas focused sila. kung banda... banda lang gid ang focus. nang skater ma skate lang gid adlaw...same ma sa bmx scene nila... kag cguro kay ang tag-iya mismo sg studio to gafull-support man sa scene nila that is why tama gid ka active...

focus and sincerity man cguro dayon sa gina ubra is what we lack... sometimes mas gusto pa "naton" (kay tanan man ta cguro involved d ah) mag cover for some of this reasons: 1) para damo mag "slam" 2) pa-impress sa chick(s) 3) playing safe 4)we don't trust our own originals 5)scared to experiment and try new stuff 6)tamad mag-ubra originals etc...

tani kung may prod na may strict compliance bala na kilanglan at least 1-2 originals gid ayus gid tani... 2006 there are bands coming out with originals na tani... may mga new bands man nga naga try that time but i've never heard from them again...

it's a good thing RKK is still alive to be do prods kag salamat gid kay we have Nong Ricardo's sound system. the most affordable system for the indie prods hehehe... everytime i go to iloilo and given a choice when i jam with my old band... mas gusto ko tukaron ang originals namon rather than the covers... nami lng tani sa covers kung may dash sg sound gid mismo sg banda naton hehehe...

all in all... du galutaw-lutaw lang ang scene sa iloilo... tani we would hear more from bands like raya, monthly period, otm, liberty jam etc... hehehe lipat nako sg mga names sg banda nga iban...\

support lang nga support maski gamay nalang gatan-aw ah...

korek...

indi man dayon siguro sa original guid ma push ang banda diri sa iloilo..basi sa attitude man bala towards music or ang essence sang pag banda nila...gamay mn lng ta di mo...diri lng ta anay masugod sa aton, lets be ambitious but not to the point na ambisyon lng tanan na la pa ta gani nakahulag diri sa aton. ako notice ko lng, daw di guid focused abi ang bands subong sa music, or appreciating music as an art...daw form na lng guid sang entertainment. lets face the fact na daw subong daw guina gamit na lng ang music para ma kwa ang iban nga bagay..for example, ga banda na lng para damo chicks (which is really freakin fuckin true) or para sa fame, pero ang essence or ang aura bala sang music nga ara sa banda daw indi guid grabe..inchindihan nyo ko??? hahahahaha...da di bi ko mayo sa sulatanay..anyways, muna daw nakiulbaan ta mag ubra music or ubrahon kung ano guid bala kay sa aton attitude na damo pa palabi naton...isa lng na tani da sa akon ang point mo...

just make good music, just make good sounds, appreciate the art...nothing more...

musikero ako ya..indi artista...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IndusGoth
Tambay


Posts : 2511
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 30
Location : Yellow City

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:07 pm

yup... agree to all of you... kag kung ang purpose sang tanan nga banda is just to please everybody, hipokrito gwa nyo eh... i know that almost all of us had played songs that we don't even like. WE TEND TO COMPROMISE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF PLEASING OTHERS.

as per Michael Jackson, if we want to make the world a better place, we have to look at ourselves. we have to change ourselves first. as for the bands, if we will not make effort to make originals, then nothing will ever change. no one can do it for us but ourselves. when i was asked to join my first band 5 years ago, i really sat down with my band mates and told them that if they don't have plans of making our own music, then i don't plan to stay. just a little encouragement would do.

and yes, we were so ahead of bacolod 3-4 years ago, but now, their music scene is kick ass! for the new people who are starting bands right now, they do really need the advice of the "oldies". haha! people who have in the music scene for so long that they now have drum sticks sticking our of their arses... these people have experienced almost everything, and as the saying goes, experience is the best friggin' teacher.

support from the people is also very vital. please, those who are not band members, please do give your whole hearted support to your local musicians. indi na mag suya-ay. i think most of us know here what had happened in the past. *wink*. we can't have factions if were are only a handful. i hope we do realize our mistakes in the past and please do try to correct them in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
incubus32
Forum Addict


Posts : 313
Join date : 2008-10-01
Location : Iloilo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:33 pm

We're are all starting sa cover songs to gain experience... And I agree with you guys nga wala band members diri nga my permanent nga upod, damu ga project bands. Subong ko lang ni nabasa kay nakasticky gale xa, im very thankful may amu ni nga site for iloilo.

@ MAladroid, I also agree with you, Im actually from Manila but i Have my roots here in iloilo so diri ako ngcollege coz super hassle sa manila and i dont like the environment there. super hassle lahat and everything is not safe.. but diri galing pag abot sa music scene, imagine mo 250/Hr ang rent nyo tpos ang pigado pa ang gamit. tama Masyado kamahal kay gamay man lang di ang mga my music studio for rent. i was shocked when i found out na amo na gale kamahal. unlike sa RJ sa glorieta, 90/hr lang daw Recording studio na gid sang mga signed artist. tsk2 cherry Pero manubo man na if affraid mgdamo ang competition sa mga gaparent sang instruments.


I Honestly Like the Music Scene here in iloilo than in Manila. Super Hassle didto ya kag damu Indians and Bullshit people. And super Damo Poser. @NashBurn, Im sure too mabalik gid na ang music scene diri like sa PCK ERa. Sobra gid kanugon ang nasimulan na nila... grabe ila music and pagsikat sa luzon. Even my cousins sa Manila bal.an nila ang music sang PCK without knowing nga Taga iloilo gale sila.. Tane sa mga gabanda diri saton, Makakita gid man sang stable nga upod and lessen na ang session if we're reallly want to push our original works.

Before ko ni nabasa, Pasalamat lang ko Our band finally realize to create our own music, and sang nabasa ko mga comments diri mas ngdugang ang ang eagerness ko to push our originals. I really Appreciate mga bands diri creating their own originals. IDOL ko gid kamo!!!

And For those who wants to buy musical instruments, advise ko lang nga dont buy Brandnew if Second hand and barely used items will do it for you. Notice ko pa grabe ang mga price sang mga music store diri. 5x ang price kumpare gd sa original price nila... We should Help each other na lang about this. thats why wala gid ko kaagi bakal sang major items sa Perfect pitch and VJS. hay How I wish My JB music na sa SM and RJ. Even ang mga branches nila sa Mall, affordable and ila instruments... Let's hope na lang for the better to the best sang aton Music Scene diri sa Iloilo. Anyway Im Proud to be Ilonngo. hehehe Very Happy Amat amat lang ah... GO Ilonggos!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bata batuta
Moderator


Posts : 1325
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 31
Location : playground

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:25 am

hope mabasa ni sang tanan..indi lng sa mga gabanda or mga musikero..kag for those who appreciate music...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Spook
Admin


Posts : 869
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:07 am

on my part, its heartwarming to hear the "new generation" of bands ( sorry for the tag "new"... i cant think of a better description for you guys... hehehe ) pushing for original songs...

During our time, our band stood for the same thing... the Iloilo scene of the early nineties were filled with bands doing original compositions. And with modesty aside, those originals were at par if not better than any scene around the country could dish out... Only problem was, manila saw us back then as "probinsiyanos"....

As for the mindset of the major labels now, they are more open about "probinsiyano" bands... ( i think they dont use that term anymore though )


I have to agree that there is nothing wrong about cover bands... But a band has to have their own identity and not just rely on who can best cover a band to measure success locally.


to end, this is our scene.... let go of the crab mentality and clannish attitude innate in our nature and im pretty sure our little scene will be recognized and respected around the country.


Last edited by Eksena Iloilo on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eksenailoilo.forumakers.com
IndusGoth
Tambay


Posts : 2511
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 30
Location : Yellow City

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:38 am

yes people!! this our scene and no one will make it better for us but our damn handsome/pretty selves... Very Happy

and new bands should also get encouragement from their "manongs" and "manangs"... hahaha!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
incubus32
Forum Addict


Posts : 313
Join date : 2008-10-01
Location : Iloilo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:16 pm

Eksena Iloilo wrote:
on my part, its heartwarming to hear the "new generation" of bands ( sorry for the tag "new"... i cant think of a better description for you guys... hehehe ) pushing for original songs...

During our time, our band stood for the same thing... the Iloilo scene of the early nineties were filled with bands doing original compositions. And with modesty aside, those originals were at par if not better than any scene around the country could dish out... Only problem was, manila saw us back then as "probinsiyanos"....

As for the mindset of the major labels now, they are more open about "probinsiyano" bands... ( i think they dont use that term anymore thought )


I have to agree that there is nothing wrong about cover bands... But a band has to have their own identity and not just rely on who can best cover a band to measure success locally.


to end, this is our scene.... let go of the crab mentality and clannish attitude innate in our nature and im pretty sure our little scene will be recognized and be respected around the country.
sir... kabanda mo si JR from Jaro Democracia? your drummer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Spook
Admin


Posts : 869
Join date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:54 pm

@ incubus, inde bro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eksenailoilo.forumakers.com
incubus32
Forum Addict


Posts : 313
Join date : 2008-10-01
Location : Iloilo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:07 pm

Eksena Iloilo wrote:
@ incubus, inde bro.
aw ok thanks... ehehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the maMones
Tambay


Posts : 1046
Join date : 2008-10-10
Location : somewhere you are not...

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:41 am

@ bata batuta: correct bro... focus man lang kilanglan sg bands sa iloilo...


i've also noticed... no offense ha. but nasobrahan kita sg "side projects". why not focus on just a single band anay. if you guys have noticed people doing projects most of the time establish anay their serious band before playing around with other groups.

oko man lang na tani ang side project galing naga-lapta man ang focus sa tukar. another thing i noticed is agaway sg isa lang gid ka member sg banda which is not so healthy. te ano kung ang drummer nyo subong indi amo na kapulido pero willing gid mag play, if we don't have patience and give him a chance kag didto lang ta sa migo ta nasagad nga may lain man nga banda kundi indi mag-progress musically ang orig drummer nyo. instead na magdamo ang musicians ga-gamay hehehe...

isa pagid ka na notice ko lang... bands in iloilo are scared to experiment with other genres... cguro we go back sa reason na wala may ma "slam" sa iban nga style sg music kung indi xa gahod thats why we don't try new forms...

agree pagid ko kay bata batuta about aiming high thing for now... indi lang ta anay magpaminsar nga maka record ta album with major labels kag tour nationwide... paminsari anay kung tsakto ang tono sg giatara sa bass kag ang timing sg drums kag kung indi sintonado ang vocals ta ah... kung limpyo na tanan pwede na ta guro kadamgo na mag-record sg orig ta and distribute it...

@incubus32: i haven't heard of rj having a 90/hr studio sa glorietta kay usually P300 up na da xa... sa boni ang barato na studios tag P150/hr. and sa "jammingan ng bayan" sa nepa q-mart 120/hr. 24 hrs. pa bukas na hehehe... tani maski mag 150/hr nalng ang mga studio sa iloilo para maka practice man tanan hehehe...

mas namian ko dayon subong personally kay indi na puro mosh ang tawo they also listen to the music now and ang emphasis sa tukar sg banda gina pamatian nagid... it's not late paman ah... as long as we don't give up mabalik gid na ang scene... and oh yeah "FUCK CRAB MENTALITY!!!"...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
incubus32
Forum Addict


Posts : 313
Join date : 2008-10-01
Location : Iloilo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:39 pm

u1timo wrote:
@ bata batuta: correct bro... focus man lang kilanglan sg bands sa iloilo...


i've also noticed... no offense ha. but nasobrahan kita sg "side projects". why not focus on just a single band anay. if you guys have noticed people doing projects most of the time establish anay their serious band before playing around with other groups.

oko man lang na tani ang side project galing naga-lapta man ang focus sa tukar. another thing i noticed is agaway sg isa lang gid ka member sg banda which is not so healthy. te ano kung ang drummer nyo subong indi amo na kapulido pero willing gid mag play, if we don't have patience and give him a chance kag didto lang ta sa migo ta nasagad nga may lain man nga banda kundi indi mag-progress musically ang orig drummer nyo. instead na magdamo ang musicians ga-gamay hehehe...

isa pagid ka na notice ko lang... bands in iloilo are scared to experiment with other genres... cguro we go back sa reason na wala may ma "slam" sa iban nga style sg music kung indi xa gahod thats why we don't try new forms...

agree pagid ko kay bata batuta about aiming high thing for now... indi lang ta anay magpaminsar nga maka record ta album with major labels kag tour nationwide... paminsari anay kung tsakto ang tono sg giatara sa bass kag ang timing sg drums kag kung indi sintonado ang vocals ta ah... kung limpyo na tanan pwede na ta guro kadamgo na mag-record sg orig ta and distribute it...

@incubus32: i haven't heard of rj having a 90/hr studio sa glorietta kay usually P300 up na da xa... sa boni ang barato na studios tag P150/hr. and sa "jammingan ng bayan" sa nepa q-mart 120/hr. 24 hrs. pa bukas na hehehe... tani maski mag 150/hr nalng ang mga studio sa iloilo para maka practice man tanan hehehe...

mas namian ko dayon subong personally kay indi na puro mosh ang tawo they also listen to the music now and ang emphasis sa tukar sg banda gina pamatian nagid... it's not late paman ah... as long as we don't give up mabalik gid na ang scene... and oh yeah "FUCK CRAB MENTALITY!!!"...
not exactly sa RJ. sa parksquare 1 i thnik.. last ko na check is last dec paguwi ko ng manila.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
incubus32
Forum Addict


Posts : 313
Join date : 2008-10-01
Location : Iloilo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:42 pm

incubus32 wrote:
u1timo wrote:
@ bata batuta: correct bro... focus man lang kilanglan sg bands sa iloilo...


i've also noticed... no offense ha. but nasobrahan kita sg "side projects". why not focus on just a single band anay. if you guys have noticed people doing projects most of the time establish anay their serious band before playing around with other groups.

oko man lang na tani ang side project galing naga-lapta man ang focus sa tukar. another thing i noticed is agaway sg isa lang gid ka member sg banda which is not so healthy. te ano kung ang drummer nyo subong indi amo na kapulido pero willing gid mag play, if we don't have patience and give him a chance kag didto lang ta sa migo ta nasagad nga may lain man nga banda kundi indi mag-progress musically ang orig drummer nyo. instead na magdamo ang musicians ga-gamay hehehe...

isa pagid ka na notice ko lang... bands in iloilo are scared to experiment with other genres... cguro we go back sa reason na wala may ma "slam" sa iban nga style sg music kung indi xa gahod thats why we don't try new forms...

agree pagid ko kay bata batuta about aiming high thing for now... indi lang ta anay magpaminsar nga maka record ta album with major labels kag tour nationwide... paminsari anay kung tsakto ang tono sg giatara sa bass kag ang timing sg drums kag kung indi sintonado ang vocals ta ah... kung limpyo na tanan pwede na ta guro kadamgo na mag-record sg orig ta and distribute it...

@incubus32: i haven't heard of rj having a 90/hr studio sa glorietta kay usually P300 up na da xa... sa boni ang barato na studios tag P150/hr. and sa "jammingan ng bayan" sa nepa q-mart 120/hr. 24 hrs. pa bukas na hehehe... tani maski mag 150/hr nalng ang mga studio sa iloilo para maka practice man tanan hehehe...

mas namian ko dayon subong personally kay indi na puro mosh ang tawo they also listen to the music now and ang emphasis sa tukar sg banda gina pamatian nagid... it's not late paman ah... as long as we don't give up mabalik gid na ang scene... and oh yeah "FUCK CRAB MENTALITY!!!"...
not exactly sa RJ. sa parksquare 1 i thnik.. last ko na check is last dec paguwi ko ng manila.. Smile

AND FYI lang. sa lazer sa market market even sa SM manila 80/p lang.. grabe kasi ang comptetion ng mga gaparent studio unlike here na konti lang kaya ga take advantage sila.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IndusGoth
Tambay


Posts : 2511
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 30
Location : Yellow City

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:39 pm

ano pa sbng nga lugar ang ga pa rent gamit kag ang ga pa jam? swerte gid sang una pag sugod namon kay may drum set bawista namon.. hehe.. ti naka libre pa... that time nag mahal gulpi sa prism kay daw abot nila nga wala sila competition...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bata batuta
Moderator


Posts : 1325
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 31
Location : playground

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:44 pm

daw wala pa ko may nabal an guid nga gaparent nga small time, usually guro sa mga sound system man eh nga may gamit..hekhekhek.....pwede ka man maka ubra thread parte dira para di mag off topic ang discussion diri...ayt>?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
incubus32
Forum Addict


Posts : 313
Join date : 2008-10-01
Location : Iloilo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:22 pm

bata batuta wrote:
daw wala pa ko may nabal an guid nga gaparent nga small time, usually guro sa mga sound system man eh nga may gamit..hekhekhek.....pwede ka man maka ubra thread parte dira para di mag off topic ang discussion diri...ayt>?!
its not off topic naman. mu ni ang music scene diri sa iloilo. sound systems and studio rentals is still a part of it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robot J4worsk1
Tambay


Posts : 756
Join date : 2008-10-02
Location : Land of the Homemade Shotguns

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:36 pm

ara pa mn si nonoy rae kag ang gamit ni nong ricardo ah hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bata batuta
Moderator


Posts : 1325
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 31
Location : playground

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:44 pm

uu..daw muna na man lang ang masarangan sang mga banda bala na ma rentahan..ang iban big time na guid (la ko nag hambal small time ang kay nong ricardo ha?!,...eheh)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IndusGoth
Tambay


Posts : 2511
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 30
Location : Yellow City

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:24 am

sa amon sng una, kay nonoy rae gid... hehe... affordable na, kumbinsing pa... haha... daw pagkaon eh.. lol!

pero salamat gid sa ila nga naga pa rent sang affordable kag maayo nga mga gamit... unlike sng una nga libre pa sa 012, sbng may bayad na ang venue, ti dako na nga bulig nga makabarato sa gamit... para indi man ma pordoy ang ga produce... hehe...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VanS3n
Tambay


Posts : 1634
Join date : 2008-10-08
Age : 33
Location : La Muy Leal Y Noble Ciudad de Iloilo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:45 am

dako gid man ang diperensya kung may access sa equipment..

pareho samun subong sa rock ed nga no budget production kami ya so dependent sa voluntary nga set up

budlay mag set up event kay hassle ka pa magpangita equipment
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iloilounderground.com
IndusGoth
Tambay


Posts : 2511
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 30
Location : Yellow City

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:09 am

amo gid... dumduman ko nga kaagi kami nag hulam drum set para sa gig... ti gin assemble pa namon pag abot sa 012, was-ag2 pa tunog, si richard pa sang IMO ang nag bagay2... hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robot J4worsk1
Tambay


Posts : 756
Join date : 2008-10-02
Location : Land of the Homemade Shotguns

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:12 am

kanugon. tni makwa lugar migo ko sa kilid da bala bourbon. ang refuel sang una. band friendly tani nga lugar ang planu. libre gamit and pa gig and shit. 15k 52sq m. go na tani. ang catch. "they don't want loud thingies" kuno hambal sang previous nga garent. fuck. hehe.. panu ka na karon ka pagig b kung amu sina. amu na tani kulang sa Iloilo nga lugar. Ang gacater man bla sa scene haw. Lugar ya with our sensibilities. Kag not for profit lang..

So kung may marecommend kamu gle nga pwede rentehan. Around 15k lang tni. Preferably sa smallville area para viable man business wise hehe (kag I said band friendly lang but it won't be limited to rock music lang). Kag pwede ang "loud thingies" haha.. Hook us up.

Refrain from nonsense replies lang. Kay we will take your recommendations seriously. Wala man ko di stake sa diri nga business. Nabuligan ko lang migo ko ky I believe sa cause kag intentions ya. "para ma-uplift man culturally ang Iloilo" kuno hehe

Iloilo needs a place like this


Last edited by maladroid on Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   Today at 6:10 am

Back to top Go down
 
How is the Iloilo music scene?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Dennis Chambers Clinic - Daddy's Junky Music, Boston
» hall of fame walk up music
» For those with music boomerang account
» WTB: The Royal Scots music book...
» Fresh new music for you

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EksenaIloilo :: Kumunidad :: General Discussion-
Jump to: