EksenaIloilo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How is the Iloilo music scene?

Go down 
+39
?
uscreamudie
eksenabacolod
CharlieBrown
B
sakiM
Crap the world
dwight
Ugly-Caco
casper
DJKarding
ShaoShit
J| o š É
porkandbeans
Maldito
reymundo
alex2112
digitalcyco
atSai
nervegasm
kill^^boi27
JeezMan Productions
kawayan_strat
cyTaBz
bobet
Eksena Iloilo
chuwi
akockarl
incubus32
the maMones
IndusGoth
p.woodman
bigmeat
fancymedead
n|nja08
bata batuta
Robot J4worsk1
VanS3n
The Spook
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Progressing
How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_vote_lcap27%How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 18 ]
Regressing
How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_vote_lcap24%How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 16 ]
Stagnant
How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_vote_lcap49%How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_vote_rcap
 49% [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 67

AuthorMessage
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:19 am

hehe...
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 5:35 pm

mahatag lang ko two cents ha, hndi naman ko member technically ka Iloilo rock eh but im posting not to start a flame war.

in my opinion

Iloilo needs a band that will inspire others to come out and play.

Too many good bands have gone and little to replace the gaps.

I'll be frank, but Iloilo lacks originality. I won't name band names, but where has being original gone?

Bands come and go with every graduation. Many bands never progress past being a college band, and disband whenever they start "growing up" and enter the "real world" and start working.

Iloilo needs an original band, not a clone of a previous "sikat local band".

When was the last time an Iloilo band went all the way to Manila and screamed out loud na "Ilonggo kami ya!!!!" to a crowd of 20 thousand?

When was the last time an Iloilo band was actually proud of being Ilonggo?

And when was the last time an Iloilo band aimed higher and aimed for national-level?

Iloilo needs another Point Click Kill.

Iloilo bands nowadays tend to focus more on moshpits than actual playing. <--- Who is guilty of this b? hehehehe.

Guys I speak from experience, 15 years of experience..... 10 of them in Iloilo. Ive seen hundreds of bands come and go, and seen the band scene progress from Grundge to Emo. When I started playing Kurt Cobain was still alive.

Iloilo needs a band that will carry the Iloilo flag forward and inspire other bands to follow their lead.

And trust me its one hell of a responsibility we all hope that band is up to.

And to be frank and honest, wala pa ako may nakita. Most of the bands focus more on helping themselves instead of helping others.

Take one step up the ladder, look back, and offer a hand to the guy behind you and pull him up. Thats how you make a scene grow.

FWIW

Last edited by digitalcyco on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alex2112
alex2112

PostSubject: hmn.....   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:06 pm

"And to be frank and honest, wala pa ako may nakita. Most of the bands focus more on helping themselves instead of helping others "

Hmn... I may not be a very good singer/ artist to some musicians or critic but I strongly believe that the Bands I have joined in making music have helped a lot of Musicians in Iloillo. But only those who are very willing to learn.' So sad to say this and I am very sorry that there are some musicians and singers out there who think so highly of themselves just becasue their Band is popular or in...... remember that this is all but temporary... it's good while it lasts.... And one thing more, what would really satisfy Ilongo Musicians ???? because all i would hear is HIKAY than appreciation................... why do you think the music scene of iloilo is going nowhere ???? is it the Musician ? the audience ? the bars that caters musicians or what ???
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:19 pm

alex2112 wrote:
"And to be frank and honest, wala pa ako may nakita. Most of the bands focus more on helping themselves instead of helping others "

Hmn... I may not be a very good singer/ artist to some musicians or critic but I strongly believe that the Bands I have joined in making music have helped a lot of Musicians in Iloillo. But only those who are very willing to learn.' So sad to say this and I am very sorry that there are some musicians and singers out there who think so highly of themselves just becasue their Band is popular or in...... remember that this is all but temporary... it's good while it lasts.... And one thing more, what would really satisfy Ilongo Musicians ???? because all i would hear is HIKAY than appreciation................... why do you think the music scene of iloilo is going nowhere ???? is it the Musician ? the audience ? the bars that caters musicians or what ???
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

there is no reason to react if the statement affects you. Sad

I speak for a good reason that I know that this is a hard fact to swallow. Yes there are bands and musicians who help each other out..... but the number of these musicians are very very few and more often not enough to make a bigger push forward.

More often than not, we only extend support to our friends and common peers.

When was the last time a gig had an entirely different lineup where not a single band had previously played the last gig? The usual case in gigs nowadays.

The more we reach out and let "other" bands take the usual slots we reserve for ourselves in gigs, the more we multiply the number of playing bands in a scene. And probably less susceptible to "burnout" having to watch the same band all over again playing the same songs. Give chance to others kung baga. Especially the high school bands and college bands formed by classmates that do not frequent bar gigs.

Probably Iloilo is experiencing another "low year". There used to be a bad few years in Iloilo when NU 107 closed and we ran out of places to play when Freeway shutdown. Then came 012 and we had a new venue.

I know the Iloilo rock scene and have been part of it for half of my life. I have seen different genres come and go, different hairstyles, different rock cultures.

If everyone backtracked to the days of GraveWurm, Room 109, Souls of Leash-era Iloilo had a blast and we had football fields for concerts. This was circa mid 90's.

Then Iloilo went into a slump. Even rehearsal studios started closing down one by one. The good side was that it jumpstarted back in track soon when rap-metal had its heydays.

Nothing is wrong with Iloilo. It is just waiting for the next rock boom.

Kung sa Lord of the Rings pa, no matter how long the night is daybreak will always come.

FWIW
Back to top Go down
alex2112
alex2112

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:51 am

.... Hey there Digiman.... I do agree with you and I know you state some facts which are really hard to accept.... But anyway, I guess the music scene in Iloilo is in its lowest boiling point due to the crisis.... and because of this , the entertainment scene is shaky as well...so I guess it's not just the musicians per ce, nor the musicians who helps out or not, or even the label of music you play......It's probably the lack of venue as what you have mentioned and I also guess the audience at present is pretty different from your time and my time.... I do like the Audience in the past... they are very supportive and would give constructive criticism to better your craft. Another thing is that there are good venues with good musical equipments and P.A. system but these days.......... I don't want to mention it anymore..... Another Fact is that most of the Bars here in Iloilo are exploiting Musicians and wow!!!! Ga pagusto man pagamit ang iban nga banda because CRISIS nga ! they would say " mayo na lang na sa wala ". But grabe ,how can you maintain your artistry if your salary is 250 pesos a night then this Bar would feed you with Miswa and chicken retaso and give so malabnaw na Iced tea. Grabe this has never happened in my time and I wouldn't mind if you would say I am old ..... we are all going there anyway.....Then isa pa... Have you ever noticed that we do not even have a Union or a Guild that will help acknowledge MUsicians.... There were attempts but it never progressed........ try asking the oldies why ??? I'm also just posting my comment not to offend nor to declare verbal dispute online.. I am just posting my views as an artist...it's good that we have the internet and sites where we can blog.... a long time ago when I was just starting out as a singer , my fellow musicians and i would talk about this same old shit over a lot of boost till wee hours of the morning in Taytay at Nong Jerry's place. Hay, that is one thing I would never forget being a Musician/artist............

Ingat lang everyone and keep on Posting............. lol!
Back to top Go down
kawayan_strat
kawayan_strat

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:49 am

alex2112 wrote:
.... Hey there Digiman.... I do agree with you and I know you state some facts which are really hard to accept.... But anyway, I guess the music scene in Iloilo is in its lowest boiling point due to the crisis.... and because of this , the entertainment scene is shaky as well...so I guess it's not just the musicians per ce, nor the musicians who helps out or not, or even the label of music you play......It's probably the lack of venue as what you have mentioned and I also guess the audience at present is pretty different from your time and my time.... I do like the Audience in the past... they are very supportive and would give constructive criticism to better your craft. Another thing is that there are good venues with good musical equipments and P.A. system but these days.......... I don't want to mention it anymore..... Another Fact is that most of the Bars here in Iloilo are exploiting Musicians and wow!!!! Ga pagusto man pagamit ang iban nga banda because CRISIS nga ! they would say " mayo na lang na sa wala ". But grabe ,how can you maintain your artistry if your salary is 250 pesos a night then this Bar would feed you with Miswa and chicken retaso and give so malabnaw na Iced tea. Grabe this has never happened in my time and I wouldn't mind if you would say I am old ..... we are all going there anyway.....Then isa pa... Have you ever noticed that we do not even have a Union or a Guild that will help acknowledge MUsicians.... There were attempts but it never progressed........ try asking the oldies why ??? I'm also just posting my comment not to offend nor to declare verbal dispute online.. I am just posting my views as an artist...it's good that we have the internet and sites where we can blog.... a long time ago when I was just starting out as a singer , my fellow musicians and i would talk about this same old shit over a lot of boost till wee hours of the morning in Taytay at Nong Jerry's place. Hay, that is one thing I would never forget being a Musician/artist............

Ingat lang everyone and keep on Posting............. lol!
HAMBALA PA!!!!
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:41 am

points taken. apir. bounce

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
atSai
Tambay
atSai

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:57 am

digitalcyco wrote:
When was the last time a gig had an entirely different lineup where not a single band had previously played the last gig? The usual case in gigs nowadays.

The more we reach out and let "other" bands take the usual slots we reserve for ourselves in gigs, the more we multiply the number of playing bands in a scene. And probably less susceptible to "burnout" having to watch the same band all over again playing the same songs. Give chance to others kung baga. Especially the high school bands and college bands formed by classmates that do not frequent bar gigs.

haha, kada may mkita ko nga poster sng isa ka upcoming gig, usual bands naman ang ara sa line up. same bands lang permi gatukar.. ehhe
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:25 am

I also remember the gig we played in Janiuay..... we got fed with SARDINES in a CAN! Mga 1999 tu I think.

Hehehehehe
Back to top Go down
alex2112
alex2112

PostSubject: Ahsus.........   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:37 am

......... But despite all that....... sige man ta gyapon tukar bisan guina abuse ta because we love Music...... subong uso pa guid ang " Play now, Pay later " wehehehehe......

...........Belated lang da kay "Kawayan_strat"..........
Back to top Go down
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:23 pm

digitalcyco wrote:
I also remember the gig we played in Janiuay..... we got fed with SARDINES in a CAN! Mga 1999 tu I think.

Hehehehehe

hahahaha.... dumduman ko man pag dinagyang 2 years ago, tukar kamo sa Zuba, promise sang prod team nga may libre isa ka kaha nga red horse, natapos na ang gig, la gyapon, pag gwa namon, kita namon ang mga organizers, hubog na kag ga ligid sa kilid marina... hehehe... sila nag ubos sang beer namon...
Back to top Go down
Robot J4worsk1
Tambay
Robot J4worsk1

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:35 pm

cguro medyo gafocus lang ta sa ailing band scene kay most members dri dira halin. but medyo na disregard naton ang hip-hop scene sa Iloilo nga medyo gaflourish. sa dira nga part sang music daw medyo suwerte gawa.. daw one of the healthiest scene sa pinas. damu relatively successful ilonggos like Mista Blaze & Young JV (shout out "this partys not poppin"? ROFL lol! ) .tapos daw everywhere dyun mga rappers sa net. damu hits ang uploads. may mga orgs mn dyun nga damu members like southside souljaz.. may malearn ayhan ang mga taga band scene sa mga hip-hopper? may "cd coming out" knu si Young JV hambl ya hehe.. support ilonggo bskn anu nga genres ah
Back to top Go down
The Spook
Admin
The Spook

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Well, if you guys know any of them invite ninyo di sila for us to know what they are up to.

You are correct in pointing out that they also are part of the local scene.
Back to top Go down
https://eksenailoilo.forumakers.com
reymundo
Thread Reader
reymundo

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:47 pm

kasadya sang diskusyon ta, Aksyon Bombo Mundingski

pero ang akun lang gd mahambal...
hmmm....

(ma ininglish ta sa iban an parti para basi magamait ta pa ni na article, ihadi pa)

It really is not easy to expect the local rock scene to easily just flourish. Not in a time like this when MAJORITY of kids today AROUND THE WORLD worship IDIOTIC musical figures. From the NO INTELLIGENT SENSE rappers to barely legal "disney kid" tween stars who sing sexual innuendos. In a word, HINANGAG ang USO sa kalibutan sbong when you talk about music. Dont be offended, emo kids, even emo music is bent to talk about woes which are more personal rather than relevant, woes that are sung with pop fm manner, rather than through truly artistic efforts. MILLIONS & MILLIONS of PEOPLE ARE INTO THIS. And you cant just call the attention of these people to take notice ROCK n' ROLL.

THAT is why MORE people would rather go to FLOW, MO2, or PIRATES. More people are into pop shit. Coz dat's "USO" & u know what, THERE IS INDEED MORE MONEY & MORE ORGANIZATION & EVEN MORE RADIO AIRPLAY for these people. MOST ESPECIALLY that Iloilo is known for its nightlife scene (which is primarily composed of bars & clubs that play pop/dance/hip-hop music)

PERO WHY DA f*ck would we care if DAMU SILA YA KWARTA, if DAMU TU YA TAWO, if DAMU TU YA Kampyun na ***** kg Boto, if Grabe YA Mg USWAG ang ILA na POP Scene... BAY-I da SILA

kun JUTAY ta, teh ano?
Ang importante, is that bskan jutay ta, WE ARE UNITED. SADYA TA. Gsuportahay kita. Whether you like it or not, the Iloilo Rock Scene is a Cult scene. We are the few, the proud, & YOTA nila tanan if nde nila trip ang trip ta, YOTA NILA TANAN

Ang budlay lang na krn is na JUTAY na ta ngadaan, tapos, gsinuyaanay manlang ta, ga libakanay, ga kanya-kanya. kalaw-ay. JUTAY na ta, malinapta pa ta bala? Biskan JUTAY ta, kun ga tipon kag naga crowd kita, makahambal ta na sadyahun ta ni bord!

So dle lang, klaruhon ta... ANu gd bala mayu?

1. Sa Mga Katawhan: SUPORTAHANAY TA GIG. Nde man gd ko chismoso nga tawo, pero sa mga kadamo ko na napamangkotan, ang na gather ko na chismis is that sang-una (im talking about mga around 2 yrs ago) may mga grupo-grupo na gsinuyaanay, may mga orgs na gasinuya-anay. Ay te, nanu nlang. Isa manlang ta ka rock community tapus mpatayugtayug pa ta ihi?
PERO ABI MO ANAY... daw kanami bla sbong sang mga gigs... ang mga new groups coming out... it's impressive coz in their simplicity, dira mo makita ang sincere efforts nila... makita mo sa mga mata ka organizers na theyre doing this OUT OF THEIR LOVE FOR ROCK N' ROLL & Not just for Commercial purposes & Not just for POPularity... And BECAUSE of this, they really DESERVE to be given SUPPORT. Coz sa mga gigs, ang IMPORTANTE sa tanan, ang gapa sadya is not the bands...itz the audiences. & audiences are an indication of how healthy the scene is. BAKAL KAMO sang ticket & nde mg expect na ma sulod for free. COZ that gives Organizers a good reason to CONTINUE what they are doing. Ang bayad mo sa TICKET: ITS A WAY OF SAYING: ANG KWARTA NGA INI SIMBOLO SANG PGPASALAMAT NGA NAG ORGANIZE KMO SANG GIG NGA INI

2. Sa Mga Banda: TUKAR KAMO PARA SA EXPRESSION. Because gani na we are living in a time and a place where Rock music is not very commercial to the masses, TUKAR kamo for EXPRESSION, not for the hope of becoming a "big commercial pop band". Tukar kamo coz of ur love for the music. And WHILE YOURE AT IT, ubra kamo as many COMPOSITIONS as u want kag i-record & burn for safekeeping & possible demo discovery, coz one day, if may bigger responsibilities na kamo, like a FAMILY or A DAYJOB, wala na kamo time para sa banda. Nde na mgpangarap na maging RockStar ka someday, nami man na tani mag ambisyon & there's nothing wrong with it, pero reality check: sa Pilipinas ta ga istar. Sooner or later, you or your bandmates will fade either into domestic or professional afterlife. As said in previous posts, sunda ang cycle: STRIVE TO BE A GREAT BAND, then, MAKE USE OF YOUR TIME THERE IN THE SPOTLIGHT, then, GUIDE THE YOUNGER ONES before YOU RETIRE.

3. Sa Mga Organizers: NDE PAGPAGAMAYA ANG KALAYO SANG RAKENROL. Sigeha lang bala ang gina obra nyo. Mayu sbong ang Rock Scene coz daw ga-amat-amat saka. Nde lang kamo mgpanumdom kun panu kmo mangin manggaranun sa pg exploit sa mga rockers. I have faith na TINLO man ang mga konsensya sang mga organizers ta sbng. Remember Organizers, Kamo ang isa sa tatlo ka factors nga gpa-buhi sang atun rock scene. May mga Rockers, May mga Bands, pero KAMO iya ang MACHINERY which makes the ROCKERS MEET THE ROCK BANDS.

Bands, Rockers, Organizers - Amu ini ang ROCK SCENE TRINITY

Once upon a time, there was a place called SEATTLE. It was a smaller state in the US. But the 90s saw the growth of SEATTLE's ROCK SCENE. A rock scene which called the attention of the entire planet when it began to give birth to bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Sonic Youth, & Soundgarden... And what was known as the Seattle Grunge Scene. Seattle was as nothing compared to, say, New York or Los Angeles. But it became a GIANT because of ROCK

This Seattle Story is one story that many of us, who some of you consider as "Manongs", have always aspired to be what Iloilo's faith should be. It's something Me & The Spook & nervegasm have been talking about since way waaaay back pa. Hambal namun, dipuga bord, gwapo guro kun gulpi nlang ya ang Iloilo mangin pareho sa Seattle, the hub of Rock n' Roll.

Before I end, nde kamo mgsalig sa manila. pwe! (dupla) Manila people will always be prejudiced & biased. Kun banda ka, mag-andam sa mga taga Manila coz they will either f*ck you up or forget about you. Im sorry sa mga taga Manila dra.. Im sure, may mga manila groups man na masaligan, pero theres not much many of them & these are the smaller companies. Tan-awa lang bala ang sitwasyun sa Manila, daw puro manlang na banda ni Raymund Marasigan (daw wla mataka-as sa iya kaugalingon)... ara ni sa ila ang ihaw na focus...while the truly great manila bands like Dong Abay's band or the (trying-hard-to-resurrect) The Youth are ginalangawan?

PEACE & LOVE lang da ah
kun babae ka, dali di, nene, kay halukan tka
HAPPY NEW YEAR
flower <--bulak
Back to top Go down
http://justanotherfilmjunkie.blogspot.com/
Maldito
Maldito

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:07 pm

One of the main reason siguro nga stagnant ang music scene dira sa Iloilo is the lack of support from the public. Bands will no longer love to play if they feels that the scene that they are playing are not interested at all. Kung sa Psychology pa, it just a matter of positive reinforcement. Kung damo support eg: sponsors, moral support and publicity, maganahan gid na ang banda tukar ya.

My two cents gale. alien
Back to top Go down
porkandbeans
Tambay
porkandbeans

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:40 pm

@reymundo: you've hit the spot pre! tsakto gid!

sigehun tani di ya sa iloilo..anu labot taya kung dutay lang ta kag damo sila

be nu? kung rumble na preho sang una ti pirdi ta e.

bisan 55 y.o. nata matukar ta eric clapton!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
alex2112
alex2112

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:08 am

Grabe peeps! Becasue of crisis.. pati banda guina crisisman sang iban nga banda.....
Grabe pa guid SULUTAY sang schedule subong.... Most musicians these days wala na ga respetuhanay, may mga banda who are trying to upgrade their level of musicality and performance, grabe investment nila sa time and effort for practice in the end guin tapakan sang banda nga la pulos ... na perde sa budget.... buhi naman ang budget of 250p subong sa PIRATES on a Prime time...............

Take note of this BAND ..... REMIX........... migo ko man ang bahista, kay bahista ko pa guid na sya... pero BAD TRIP ko sa ila tungod sa guina himo nila sa iban nga banda. La na RESPETUHANAY , tanan man ta ga pangabuhi sa musika right ??? tanan man ta may responsibilidad regardless of what level.... pero migo mo kuhaan mo pa ka schedule, pabaratuhan mo pa ang budget mo para banda mo ang pilion....... mayo nga prinsipyo kag mentalidad para makakwarta, tapakon mo ang iban nga tao with musika... amo na ang panulukan ka management sa Banda daw patay gutom kay tungod sa mga musikero naga pabarat........... isa pa ni nga factor nga ga REGRESS ang music scene sang ILOILO.....

DAPAT pareho indi pag i support sang mga tao ang place na ga take adavantage sang MUsicians like PIRATES sa SmallVIlle and ang Banda nga la ga respeto kag ga sulot sa schedule sang iban nga banda like REMIX....

And YES tindugan ko ni ang guina hambal ko ................
Someone should make an article about this and post it in the papers...... pano na lang ang future generation of MUsicians. Sa Manila very active guid ang Musician guild nila grabe mag support sa Musikero especially pareho ni sa guina mention ko. But diri either kadlawan ka lang sang iban nga Musicians and or i ignore lang nila and say " Kumbyene " ......... daw kasuluya na maging musician diri sa akon nag adapted nga banwa...
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:19 am

mu gd na ya erp especially sa bar band, diri gani sa Bacolod perte d ang suhutay ka schedule kag kaltasanay ka TF bal-an man sng tanan pu t gna agwanta na lang haaaay Sad
Back to top Go down
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:22 pm

hhmmm... amo na ang gwa ya kn kwarta na ang rason kun nga-a ma tukar... wala man ko ga hambal nga malain mag sukot TF. kinahanglanon gid man na, lalo na kun established na ang banda. pero sadly, ang iban, nalipatan na ang ila pagka musikero. pati ila dignidad baligya nila para lng sa kwarta...
Back to top Go down
J| o š É
J| o š É

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:21 pm

waaaaa.. new user mga chong!!
MUSTNOTSLEEP!!hehe Banghead

" [i]iloilo kayanon ta ni "

--mayor J.
Back to top Go down
ShaoShit
Tambay
ShaoShit

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:10 am

IndusGoth wrote:
hhmmm... amo na ang gwa ya kn kwarta na ang rason kun nga-a ma tukar... wala man ko ga hambal nga malain mag sukot TF. kinahanglanon gid man na, lalo na kun established na ang banda. pero sadly, ang iban, nalipatan na ang ila pagka musikero. pati ila dignidad baligya nila para lng sa kwarta...

kwarta na ya!!!! anu sagud mo sa bata mo? balas kag tissue paper? my rason na cla ngaa ga tukar na cla for money... ila na disisyon kng matukar cla sng badoy nga kanta... Ari hu a... IDOL nyu nga bassist nga razorback ngaa ga showband2 sya aw? lolz la guru balon bata ya eh so kilanlan ya kwarta... sa tuod2 lng tak an gid ko na ya pamatian nga gin BALIGYA mo DIGNIDAD sa kwarta a... Kng ikaw b sa ila pwesto ano ubrahun mo and my talento ka? MAYU na lng na sng mangawat

kaon na lng ta kay nong luis ...vitsin combinsing ..basta ako ya la ko labot sa music scence dre sa iloilo ang importante namian ka music
Back to top Go down
http://www.wocserver.org/pvp/zapvp.html
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:04 am

"Mahirap tumugtug ng gutom."

Ga showband ko d ya bla sa Bacolod. Pod ko sa banda ga showband man. Ang buki buki gd na ya bla na showband.

Tigulutom eh. anhon ta na.
Back to top Go down
alex2112
alex2112

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:36 am

........ Let's not be confused here okay.... If you are a MUsician and you consider this as your Bread and Butter ,well.... you have to antcipate the general trend about Music and mainly the Music Scene regardless kung buki ang tukar mo or what ???? Pangabuhian mo na as a Musician like any other Jobs ???? And like in any other jobs, we do not sell our self short nor to take advantage of a bad opportunity to let others suffer.... yes at times, it really depends on what pushes you to make such irrational and drastic decision, whether its because tig gulutom na and mas mayo na lang na kay sa makawat... But if this is our way of thinking at all times and in all situations well, it's no wonder that its us who flushes ourselves down on the drain. And we can't blame anyone but ourselves......

Another thing is.... Do not be confused about, PASSION, CRAFT AND MUSICIAN's salary !!!!! the Fact na musician ka, ga tukar ka ( whether mayo ka man o lawlaw nga musikero ) Dapat baydan ka sang eksakto kay guina ubrahan mo na... It's not about ga " Tukar tungod sa kwarta or pangwarta " haloooo ubra na sya ya, so dapat Professional ka kag BAYDAN ka.... kulang pa na gane sa investment mo as a musician. Mabakal ka sang gamit for over thousands of peso, then ulian ka sang isa ka gig at 250... puga budget ko pana sang 1993......... mayo pa ang sugbahan kag ihawan sang una kay tapos mo tukar libre pa tanan, lipmyo pa budget mo...

Lastly, ano na bala ang guina hambal nyo nga "tukar tungod sa Kwarta or ga pangwarta " . Ang pagkabalo ko sa ga pangwarta is ang isa ka musikero nga lawlaw mag tukar tungod la ga practice, damo dasma sige pa patisoy sa babaw stage nga sa wala lang sa iya. Another, ma panubo ko budget ko para makatukar ... pangwarta na ya.......... so ano pa guid ang interpretation and or expression about this >>>> ang ga tukar tungod sa kwarta kag tukar kay ga pangwarta ka ???
Back to top Go down
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:14 am

alex2112 wrote:

Take note of this BAND ..... REMIX........... migo ko man ang bahista, kay bahista ko pa guid na sya... pero BAD TRIP ko sa ila tungod sa guina himo nila sa iban nga banda. La na RESPETUHANAY , tanan man ta ga pangabuhi sa musika right ??? tanan man ta may responsibilidad regardless of what level.... pero migo mo kuhaan mo pa ka schedule, pabaratuhan mo pa ang budget mo para banda mo ang pilion....... mayo nga prinsipyo kag mentalidad para makakwarta, tapakon mo ang iban nga tao with musika...

@ shao i was referring to what alex2112 said... wla ko ga hambal nga malain mag tukar para sa kwarta... pero kun amo na ubrahon nyo preho sa gin ubra sang REMIX da, ti daw pareho lng na nga nangawat ka. if playing your effin instrument is one way para maka kwarta ka, ti ubrahon mo eh. kanya2 diskarte. my point here is, indi lng pag palab-uta sa point nga ubrahon mo tanan para lng maka lamang sa kapareho mo. tapakan mo ang isa para mangibabaw ka. that's the reason why I said nga MALA-IN NA KUN ANG RASON NGA-A GA TUKAR SILA IS KWARTA NA LANG. LIPATAN NA NILA ANG TANAN, MANAPAK SNG KAPAREHO NGA MUSIKERO PARA SA KWARTA. if you think i said nga mala-in ang ga tukar para sa kwarta, then think again. sin-o indi gusto nga bayran man????

tak-an man ta tanan sa linya nga "BALIGYA mo DIGNIDAD mo", pero realidad na, halin sa prostitute asta sa politiko asta sa ga baligya leakage sa mga board exam... nga pati musika na hilabtan.
Back to top Go down
The Spook
Admin
The Spook

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Just for the sake of argument:

I for once will never trade my music for money. Nope, inde ako mangaranun. Pareho sa kadam-an, kinahanglan ko man mangita sang ubra para may kwarta. Halin sang una, freinds tried to offer me to play in a showband or spin sa mga clubs diri sa Iloilo, but i chose not to. Ang rason ko dira is, music is artistry para sa akon. And in my personal opinion, art should never be used to gain money or fame. I have nothing against people nga ga showband. I am good friends with a lot of them. And when we get to talk about music, they do give out legitimate reasons why they do it. We all got to eat and pay the bills.

The way is see the "BALIGYA mo DIGNIDAD mo" is this. First, to each his own. You cant force people to swallow your views on things man inde bala?

Second, if youre doing it for the money, make sure wala na da ga tapik ang quest for personal fame. If its all for business, then stick with it being purely business.

Third, if it pains you that other people talk behind your back and calls you a sellout, then go look for another way to make money. Im pretty sure there are other jobs out there which doesnt include music.

Again, im not pointing fingers or accusations. This is just for the sake of argument. I have lots of friends who play for money, and i respect their decision even though i totally disagree with it.

Smile

Last edited by The Spook on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://eksenailoilo.forumakers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is the Iloilo music scene?   How is the Iloilo music scene? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next