EksenaIloilo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)

Go down 
+15
pitchfork
reymundo
the maMones
think logic
VanS3n
bata batuta
digitalcyco
nervegasm
shrimpf
The Spook
ratm07
bobet
n|nja08
IndusGoth
ChipSkylark
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChipSkylark
Thread Reader
ChipSkylark

Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) Empty
PostSubject: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:08 am

Post here anything you would like to say to the newbies in the rockscene of iloilo, you could also ask advices here. This is one way that could help them and introduced to them the do's and dont's in the stage or outside the stage base on what you have experienced!!!
Back to top Go down
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:44 am

According sa mga observation ko kag experiences man ha. Very Happy

- Don't drink too much before you play. This may sound gay but alcohol does really affect your state of mind. Others say "I play better when I'm drunk", it might work for them that way, and most of them are seasoned musicians. You can drink, but not too much before your bands name is called to the stage.

- Don't force your bandmates to play a song only you would like. You are a team, each and every member must agree to the music that you play. This can also affect your band mates' performance.

- When you practice, practice hard. Constant practice makes perfect. Need I say more?

- When doing compositions, let everyone contribute. I just don't know for other band, when we do our compositions, we just ourselves go wild! I usually suggest the theme of the song, the beat, tempo and the sequence. For the sound, my instrument carrying band members take care of it. I let them play, they let me do my thing. And usually, the song comes out nice, to our ears ha.

- Avoid doing project bands, just focus on yours. I'm not saying that you don't join any project bands, just avoid doing it so. I've been playing for about 6 years now, and I only did 2 project bands. I like to focus more on my band and on our own materials.

- Nevermind the what the crown says, play for fun. So what if they don't dig your cover songs or your compositions?
Back to top Go down
n|nja08
n|nja08

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:43 am

practice... practice... practice...
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/joiunnoticed
bobet
bobet

PostSubject: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:11 am

inom kamu extra joss before mgtukar or kaon kamu balot.. more energy mas happy.. rocker
Back to top Go down
ratm07
Thread Reader
ratm07

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:07 pm

chemistry..

kun indi makwa d pag pilita..hehe

amat2x lng kag patience gd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tagzweb2009.07x.net/
The Spook
Admin
The Spook

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Play for yourselves and not for the crowd.

Be an artist and not an entertainer.
Back to top Go down
https://eksenailoilo.forumakers.com
shrimpf
Tambay
shrimpf

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:51 pm

do not IMPRESS but EXPRESS
Back to top Go down
nervegasm
Tambay
nervegasm

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:55 pm

The Spook wrote:
Play for yourselves and not for the crowd.

Be an artist and not an entertainer.

hahaha.. indeed .. 100% agree.. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://hotboxrec.blogspot.com
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 1:20 am

crowd na da gle sa post ko... hehe.. indi crown... @ ian can't help guro not to impress, lalo na kn ara crush mo... wehehehe...
Back to top Go down
shrimpf
Tambay
shrimpf

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:50 pm

@IndusGoth, ok lang wala man mag ga kad2 sa mga gig ang mga crush ko!!!
Back to top Go down
shrimpf
Tambay
shrimpf

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:57 pm

"Stage Frights" - asta subong taga first song gina kulbaan ko pirmi!!
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:59 pm

Treat your band as a professional undertaking.

1. Focus.
2. Dedication.
3. Patience.

Having focus in a band means you know what your physical limitations are in terms of being in a band, practice time, and time management. Some band members, especially the good players, have too many bands. Focus on two bands at the most, and keep the rest as occasional jam bands.

Dedication requires you to stick it out with our bandmates through thick or thin. All issues can be talked over, and resolved with democratic discussion. Self pride is a teams' worst enemy. We always hold a regular meeting and discuss everything, like a formal team-meeting. If you feel there is no direction, voice it out.

Patience to learn and practice. Spend time practicing and rehearsing on your own even without the band.

My band spends an insane amount of time practicing. We sometimes spend four hours rehearsing just one song, and we keep a fixed rehearsal schedule two times a week irregardless if there is a gig or not. Many bands tend to procrastinate and cram days before a gig. Its never better to go up on stage anytime and rip it out, knowing the songs like the back of your hand.

And lastly, establish good camaraderie with your bandmates and fellow peers.

FWIW
Back to top Go down
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:25 pm

@ ian preho ta... po damo gyapn gwapa... hahaha

@ digitalcyco the best!! most bands only practice when a gig is near... we are guilty of it... hehe... Constant practice really helps. amo na guro kada tukar nyo digitalcyco ga saka eggert ko sa dahi! wehehehe!!! musta da??? Very Happy nonoy ni.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bata batuta
bata batuta

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:50 pm

newbie pa lang ko pero daw gamay lang nga suggestion:

1. music
2. music
3. music
4. music
5. music

la na iban...beer pa gali..hehe.pati ah..

don't drink and cross the street!!!,..take it from me baby!
Back to top Go down
shrimpf
Tambay
shrimpf

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:09 pm

@indusgoth cge sa next nga tukar ma focus naku sa music kag sa mga gwapa para madula kulba ko!!!haha
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:49 pm

IndusGoth wrote:
@ ian preho ta... po damo gyapn gwapa... hahaha

@ digitalcyco the best!! most bands only practice when a gig is near... we are guilty of it... hehe... Constant practice really helps. amo na guro kada tukar nyo digitalcyco ga saka eggert ko sa dahi! wehehehe!!! musta da??? Very Happy nonoy ni.. Very Happy

halokan ta gd ka noy makita ta ka mwaaaaahhhhh
Back to top Go down
VanS3n
Tambay
VanS3n

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:49 pm

its best to form a band w/ people you are comfortable with not only as a musician but outside the music thing

mas nami ang chemistry sang tukar nyo if attuned kamo as a group..

dapat may idea man kamo sa upod nyo sa banda.. and dapat you also consider your bandmates position also.. wala na ya di superstar ah... ulupdanay kamo na da... palso isa.. palso tanan..
Back to top Go down
http://iloilounderground.com
think logic
Forum Addict
think logic

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 2:21 am

sipra mayo................
kada members should do their part.......
try ask help kn budlayan ang pisa>>>pabulig sa nakabalo..d mahuya..
buliganay tanan kun pano ma improve ang 2kar.....
comments are great, negative man or indi....
try to listen kn my ga comentar...it servs as ur miror...
..mor practice....asta ma tinlo ahhhhhhh... gud luck!!
Back to top Go down
the maMones
Tambay
the maMones

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:03 am

^^^apir + red horse beer think logic!!! drunk drunk drunk
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:12 am

drugs drugs pa gd. para cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChipSkylark
Thread Reader
ChipSkylark

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:57 pm

dala pa ang sex?
Back to top Go down
think logic
Forum Addict
think logic

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 8:19 pm

mamones apir apir apir
Back to top Go down
the maMones
Tambay
the maMones

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:25 am

basically what think logic said is what a starting band SHOULD do. the other stuff will just follow next. kumbaga kung sa how to do's ang gin pang hambal nya tanan ang pinaka starting gid... the other stuff na after that will just depend on the members itself and it's more on adjustment nalng with each other be it practice, ideas, choice of songs, style and substance of the band etc...

Practice pirme and talk alot with your bandmates. get to know them and what they like so that you could create something out of your individual trips and choices... peace out!
Back to top Go down
reymundo
Thread Reader
reymundo

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:03 pm

wla ko banda
(although ive been nagadamgo na mgka banda since 1995 pa)

pero advice ko is:

1. dont watch MTV or rather, dont limit yourself to MTV & MYX
remember that those A-holes in MTV, MYX, & even NU107 also have commercial interests. THERE IS AN ENTIRE UNIVERSE of GOOD music OUT THERE. & damo na means to get it these days, such as the INTERNET.
mayu tani kun daw pigado gd & wala ka access to those things, MAY EXCUSE ka kun asta lang sa FM radio music ang nabal-an mo

2. if u call urself a rocker or a rock band, at least make urself familiar with the Rock Gods of History. Pay respect to the likes of Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, The Ramones, Nirvana. Sa diksyunayo ko, daw KAHULUYA na rock band ka tapos wla ka kakilala kay Jimi Hendrix or sa Led Zeppelin

3. Nagay Inatik. If ur band gets bigger already, saguda ang HUMILITY mo as well. kalaw-ay tan-awun na kun dn kamu nagsikat, amu pa tu na daw nag SNOB kamo. ALSO, dont assume na coz ur a big HOT band, doesnt mean na kamu na ang THE BEST, & GAMAYUN nyo na ang other bands. REMEMBER: Rock Bands are never TIKALON coz gwa mo kun TIKALON ka, DAW POP band chura mo. You are no better than the HipHop 50Cent Clones out there.

4. If u feel like ur band has already reached that HIGH LEVEL of Greatness, its time to INSPIRE younger rockers. One day, you will be FORGOTTEN or you will choose to be FORGOTTEN. While youre still out there, and while people LISTEN to YOU, INSPIRE PEOPLE TO DO GOOD, BULIGI ANG LOCAL ROCK SCENE & NOT JUST YOUR OWN EGOS. YOU WANT TO BE REMEMBERED as a BAND that inspires ALL GOOD things. YOU dont want people to remember you as a bunch of A-holes.

5. hmmm... anu pa man? daw wala na ko ma advice... hmmm... Basa SNEEZE? hehehehe

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Back to top Go down
http://justanotherfilmjunkie.blogspot.com/
think logic
Forum Addict
think logic

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:20 pm

mamones>> apir api + 2 ka red horse... that ryt bro.. we nid to grow up with our band.. communicating with one another is a big factor.. sturyahan gid kn ano mga plano kg pano ma improve ang 2kar...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)   Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Go Form out a Band!!! (tips/advices/suggestion/ideas from the veterans in the music scene of iloilo to those who want to form a band)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next