Eco Populi, Inc.
Iloilo City, Philippines
“2nd EARTH: PIECES OF HOPE”
(A Digital Art Making Contest & Exhibition)
Digital art making contest guidelines:
1. Who may join: The competition is open to all artists, digital artists, and digital art enthusiasts who are residents of the Panay & Guimaras except for organizing staff and members of Eco Populi, Inc and relatives up to the 1st degree of consanguinity.
1.1 Entrants under 18 years of age will be required to submit a waiver signed by the entrant’s legal guardian.
2. 2nd Earth: Pieces of Hope Theme:
“ACTS OF GREEN” (A suggestive art on how to save the planet and the last remaining resources).
3. All entries should have been made within the Philippines starting February 2010.
4. Entries should be in printed in photo paper (LANDSCAPE ORIENTATION), 8R or 8X10inches in size WITHOUT BORDER and soft copy in CD (with name of participant) with filled-up entry form, submitted or mailed to:
Eco Populi Project 2nd Earth: Pieces of Hope Digital Art Contest 2010
Engr. Karen Alinor D. Subong
Registrar’s Office, Administration Bldg.
West Visayas State University
Luna St., La Paz, Iloilo City 5000 Philippines
Tel.No. (033) 320-0870 local 108 or 126
Engr. Ryan Vilmor J. Dumpit
DOST VI, Magsaysay village
La Paz Iloilo City, 5000, Philippines
Tel. No. (033) 320-0093
not later than the date specified in item 5.
Eco Populi, Inc. will not be responsible for prints damaged during postage/delivery and loss of entries.
4.1 Entries in soft copy should be in JPEG format (jpg or jpeg) and in 3000x2400 pix @ 300 dpi resolution.
4.2 There should be no signature and/or markings (names of persons, logo, or any writing) on entries.
5. Deadline for submission of all entries is on March 25, 2010. Only complete entries (8R, CD, filled entry from) received before 5:00 pm of March 25, 2010 will be accepted. Eco Populi is not responsible for any postal or technical delay.
6. Only complete entries will be considered.
6.1 A complete print entry for a digital art photo is as follows:
-Filled-up entry form
-print entry of digital art in the required parameters
-soft copy in CD
-waiver for minors, if applicable
6.2 Submitted entries will become properties of Eco Populi, Inc. However, artist(s) shall be recognized as stated under items 14.1 and 14.2.
7. Artworks that include photos of sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud.
8. Artists are responsible for obtaining any model release agreements for the photos they used.
9. Each entrant can send as many as five (5) entries but can only win once.
10. Entries must be exclusive to this contest, unpublished, and must not have been submitted as an entry in any previous contest.
10.1 By entering the contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted artwork is an original work created solely by the entrant and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the artwork and photograph(s) used.
11. The Board of Judges will be composed of respected artist, DENR representative, Eco Populi artists and other environmental organization.
12. Criteria for judging is as follows:
Relevance to the theme- 50%
Visual Impact and Creativity-25%
13. Prizes are as follows:
First prize: PHP 3,000.00
Second prize: PHP 2,000.00
Third prize: PHP 1,000.00
13.1 Winners will be announced and prizes awarded on April 22, 2010. This will coincide with an exhibit of the short-listed entries.
13.2 Prizes not claimed within 30 days after notice shall be forfeited in favor of the organizers.
14. By participating, the entrant grants to Eco Populi Inc. the following rights without any additional cost to Eco Populi:
14.1 Right to use the photo of the digital artwork in Eco Populi campaign and organizational materials, and right to display the photo in a public venue, in relation to Eco Populi campaign and organizational goals. Photo credits shall read “(c) artist.”
14.2 Right to distribute the photo as part of Eco Populi's media releases in relation to Eco Populi campaign and organizational goals. Photo credits shall read “(c)artist/Eco Populi handout.” Entrant further grants Eco Populi the rights to use the photo without additional cost to Eco Populi, in Eco Populi campaign and organizational materials (but not for distribution) so long as the use of the photo pertains to the Eco Populi project and the photo caption shall additionally read "this photo was [an entry/winner] in the Eco Populi EPOH project digital art contest held in April 2010.”
14.3 The rights granted to Eco Populi, Inc. shall also be granted to its other chapters.
15. By joining this contest, entrants agree (a) to be bound by these official rules; and (b) that the decisions of the judges are final on all matters relating to the contest. All national and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize are/is ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Eco Populi, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another winner.
16. Eco Populi reserves the right to disqualify entries, or to forfeit the prize for a winning entries, that
-are obscene or contain objectionable content as determined by Eco Populi
-are not original
-are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, and/ or counterfeit
-have been produced through fraud
-have been obtained through theft
-or entries whose details have been misrepresented in the entry form.
DOWNLOAD THE GUIDELINES (MS Word document):
DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM (MS Word document):
NOTE: Am not part of Eco Populi Inc., and I am just helping them spread the word.. if you can't download the guidelines and entry forms.. feel free to message me your email address and I will send it to you