EksenaIloilo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rock Ed???

Go down 
+7
digitalcyco
B
Crap the world
VanS3n
IndusGoth
porkandbeans
ZaZeL
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ZaZeL
Visitor

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Are you a …

Painter?
Musician?
Writer?
Photographer?
Poet?
Yuppie?
Journalist?
Indie film maker?
Businessman?
Lawyer?
Athlete?
Slave to the industry of BPO?
Slave of the government?
Student?
Teacher?
Nurse?
Geek?
Weirdo?

Hell, it doesn’t matter!

Rock Ed is not an “org” in all technicalities, but a series of events.

As founding member Gang Badoy told me via a text message earlier:

“Rock Ed is a book drive, an alternative class, a photo exhibit, a film showing. It’s not necessarily an org one formally joins.”

Anyone who believes what Rock Ed advocates can be a volunteer.

As rocking society through alternative education, Rock Ed is a CATALYST FOR SOCIAL CHANGE!

Rock Ed is not some teeny bopper college org. Rock Ed is not about popularity or being cool.

Rock Ed is about having the audacity or the guts to awaken the senses.

No more excuses, Philippines?

Hmmmm…

Actually, it’s no more excuses, Iloilo!
Back to top Go down
porkandbeans
Tambay
porkandbeans

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

NAN! KOREK!

pedi ko di ka join.

makahatag naman ko books. hehehe
Back to top Go down
IndusGoth
Tambay
IndusGoth

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:19 pm

mito! mito!
Back to top Go down
VanS3n
Tambay
VanS3n

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 am

hopefully maka sabay kamo sa meeting para maka share kamo sang mga ideas nyo and it would really be nice if makasabay gid kamo sa field work..
Back to top Go down
http://iloilounderground.com
Crap the world
Thread Reader
Crap the world

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:11 am

we would like to join especially on gigs. hehehehehe. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
VanS3n
Tambay
VanS3n

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:24 am

Craptheworld wrote:
we would like to join especially on gigs. hehehehehe. Twisted Evil

the gig aspect of rock ed is merely 10% of the whole work... gigs are just one of the means to spread the advocacy... book donation is one thing... the act of carrying those donated books to their intended is another... the planning, coordination of projects and the actual field work...

though being volunteer is not confined sa gigs and the field work...

the real rock ed volunteer work is any normal everyday situation where you stood for what is morally correct and those moments you talked to strangers about socially relevant issues and those moments you impart your knowledge to other people in the idea of helping them improve their lives
Back to top Go down
Crap the world
Thread Reader
Crap the world

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:41 am

i know that vans. Just fliping around. cyclops Me my self knows the aim of ROck ed. and im 100% sure to support you guys even with little things. More power. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
VanS3n
Tambay
VanS3n

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:04 am

well para sa mga wala kabalo ah.. basi may mga misconceptions regarding Rock Ed bala haw..
Back to top Go down
B
B

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:46 am

although may media mileage o kun media exposure na these days ang Rock Ed Iloilo, I firmly believe na tani indi lang pag isipon sa mga media na we're doing these acts of social change for the sake of that. No, with or without media mileage, mapadayon gyapon ang Rock Ed sang sole purpose nya. and that is to be an INSTRUMENT OF CHANGE. volunteer ka not just because ra da migo or miga mo, volunteer ka because gapati ka na huo, you have something to offer for the society and not that because society has something to offer you. basta amu na ah..teehee Wink
Back to top Go down
http://herscribbles.multiply.com
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:10 am

part of my planned local policies and campaigns are based on Rock Ed philosophy.

no joke, mapadalagan ko Councilor next election nga daan.

although I disagree with some points (which I will not discuss to avoid unecesarry debate), but I believe the only way to be an instrument of change is to be a realist.

kung si Frank Zappa pa... "Shut up and play your guitar" hehehehe
Back to top Go down
B
B

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:21 pm

realist na may realistic goals? hehe..yep. Wink

honestly, sa Rock Ed Iloilo, volunteers usually come and go. kun sino lang available sa isa ka project, then amu na eh.. budlay guid man kun gamay tawo pag mag field work.. ang gigs nga na, gamay lang na nga porsyento sang pagka volunteer. matest guid siguro ang pagka volunteer kun ra na kamu sa outside familiar territory like sa mga provinces o kun sa new sites na ginaheld ang isa ka current project.. that's why indi lang good planning ang kinahanglan, better implementation of such plans guid. aw ah.. ako neh gahambal? ahehe Wink
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:43 pm

B wrote:
realist na may realistic goals? hehe..yep. Wink

honestly, sa Rock Ed Iloilo, volunteers usually come and go. kun sino lang available sa isa ka project, then amu na eh.. budlay guid man kun gamay tawo pag mag field work.. ang gigs nga na, gamay lang na nga porsyento sang pagka volunteer. matest guid siguro ang pagka volunteer kun ra na kamu sa outside familiar territory like sa mga provinces o kun sa new sites na ginaheld ang isa ka current project.. that's why indi lang good planning ang kinahanglan, better implementation of such plans guid. aw ah.. ako neh gahambal? ahehe Wink

sabagay. taken into context of realist being able to execute with available resources and viable movements.

there are always collective individuals who attend campaigns and actions with only a shell idea of the entire thing, e.g. attending something for reasons other than the campaign itself.

same reason why Greenpeace Philippines has thousands of members, and only less than a hundred active members, even if we take into account below-legal age members who cannot join some activities because of parental restriction issues. we only see them in rallies wearing t-shirts talking about how to save the world but ask them to dive in Guimaras to clean up the oil spill and we have less than a dozen actually willing to go.

off-topic na ta heheehe.
Back to top Go down
B
B

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:04 pm

^^^haha..ganeh ganeh..ubra na lang bla nong sang new thread about Greenpeace..basi may mga members ukon intrested newbie members na dre sa eksena..hehe

basta amu na ah..dpende pa guid na sa resources sang isa ka volunteer..time, budget, health, etc etc etc.. wala man pilitay.. amu na ganeh na gina tawag na volunteer..hehe.. kun may ara lang then grateful guid na ang grupo eh.. kun wala.. then wala kaso ah... sa sunod naman eh.. aw ah.. hehe Wink
Back to top Go down
casper
Tambay
casper

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:48 pm

volunteer? hmmm. present.
Back to top Go down
imul
Thread Reader
imul

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:30 pm

basta. RockEd volunteer ko ya (with conviction)
Back to top Go down
VanS3n
Tambay
VanS3n

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:26 am

when push comes to shove... let go of your personal agendas if you really want to be part of Rock Ed...

wala na di ya isipay ubra.. basta ga ubra kita.. wala na di ya VIP kay equal ta di tanan ... wala na di ya pilitay kay ga volunteer kita

we work because we want to not because of some underlying principle na we wanted to gain something for ourselves...

on the long run... the volunteers are those who are true to their conviction and are there to really get the job done and not those who do it for other reasons...

get your priorities straight... biskan lima lang or 2 or isa lang basta our conviction is true and is back up by our actions...

less talk more work please.. that is the gauge of your worth here...
Back to top Go down
bata batuta
bata batuta

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:14 am

idea lang ni...kag akon lang ni...

we want change di bala...di man ta guro tam an ka cynical ngaa ma intra ta sa rock ed...pero sa akon..di ni xa nga siling nga kung sin o member or indi..volunteer gani, muna maskin sin o pwede...ayt??

may nag mention sa akon...rock ed is not an "ORG" per se....kay bal an ko ya sa rock ed-rock education, alternative education, awareness, bulig...muna!...di na kelangan nga daw super volunteer ka guid.. uu ako volunteer man pero mas mayo nga damo bala willing mag support kag mag organize sang mga alternative education or any event para sa awareness sang mga tawo...kay kung aware ang tawo damo bulig, di budlay kag dira ma start ang change...like, kung isa ka org. or NGO ka tapos gusto mo may i present ka nga project under sa rock ed, OK na ya...guina lagas di kung indi ang kung sin o ang rock ed or indi...ang impt. di is kung pano mo mabuligan ang isa ka cause kag mahambal mo sa lawas mo nga - ay!! ari ko di...volunteer ako...tnx!!..ahahahah

Last edited by bata batuta on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
digitalcyco
Forum Addict
digitalcyco

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:08 am

peace love and mwah mwah.
Back to top Go down
VanS3n
Tambay
VanS3n

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:08 am

I am not discouraging people here... I do just want nga tani ka intindi gid man kamo ngaa ma volunteer kamo...

at the end of the day daan... it really affects how the work is done
Back to top Go down
Ugly-Caco
Ugly-Caco

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Where do I sign up to get paid?
Back to top Go down
VanS3n
Tambay
VanS3n

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Ugly-Caco wrote:

ayteh
Back to top Go down
B
B

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Ugly-Caco wrote:

funny ka. tsktsk
Back to top Go down
Ugly-Caco
Ugly-Caco

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:26 am

I'm kidding guys. I want to volunteer...for P400 per hour with only 5% night differencial. What a Face
Back to top Go down
VanS3n
Tambay
VanS3n

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:04 am

Ugly-Caco wrote:
I'm kidding guys. I want to volunteer...for P400 per hour with only 5% night differencial. What a Face

weheheh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rock Ed??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Ed???   Rock Ed??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Ed???
Page 1 of 1