HOW TO (not) PREPARE FOR AN EXAM
1) Sit in a well-lighted place.
2) Put in place all the needed study materials.
3) Turn on the radio and tune in to your favorite station. Turn it in a volume just enuff for the ears to hear. This will serve as a mood-enhancer for studying.
4) Scan your notes. Make tabs on the important keywords. A few minutes later, you hear your favorite song. Turn the radio’s volume up.
5) Sing, dance, jam, hop along the music. It’s your favorite song for the week, after all.
6) Check your cp. Send some text message to your close friends. Tell them your fave song’s on the radio.
7) Blabber about what went that day. Criticize, mock, ponder, sympathize to whatever that’s happening in the world these days. All these thinking got you hungry suddenly.
8 ) Go to the fridge. See what you can munch on for a while. You found your lil bro’s pack of Nagaraya nuts.
9) Ask for permission if you can munch on them. After all, nuts are considered as ‘brain food’. He hesitates.
10 ) Instead of screaming and ranting how life can be soo miserable and soo unfair, give him a sheepish grin. Tell him you’ll trade with him your supposed time-in hours on the net. He agrees.
11) Go back to your study area.
12) Sit in a well-lighted place.
13) Put in place all the needed study materials.
14) Munch on some Nagaraya nuts. You wonder why and how nuts can be considered as ’brain food’. Suddenly the phone rings.
15) Go and answer the phone. It’s your long-time friend. She’s finally home from traveling the northern shores.
16) Chat, giggle, and talk about life’s whatevers. It’s been a while since you and your clique have had some gurl bonding with her. You soo miss her. Send some text messages to your clique, telling that you gurls should bond again this coming weekend or ASAP! ’cause she’s gonna be leaving again by next week for some trip. Your lil bro (the one who owned the pack of Nagaraya nuts) comes to you and asks for your help on how to run the powerpoint application on your family’s pc.
17) Say your goodbyes (for awhile) to your friend on the phone. Tell her you’ve already had your clique’s confirmation for the get-together this coming weekend.
18 ) Go to where your family’s pc is located. Demonstrate to your lil bro on how to run the application. He tries it on his own, this time.
19) Cheer him on. Suggest quirky ideas on how he can amped up his presentation. He tries on one and you both went on a laugh trip.
2 0 ) Go get some more packs of Nagaraya nuts. All these laughing and talking made you hungry again.
21) Munch on some Nagaraya nuts. Share some with your lil bro as well. Continue cheering him on how he’s doing a great job on making his powerpoint presentation.
22) Get up and go back to the fridge again. Go get some good ‘ol H2O this time. All these munching, talking, and laughing made you thirsty.
23) Go back to where your lil bro is. He’s finally done with his presentation. He shows it to you.
24) Watch the presentation. Make comments and suggestions on how the presentation was. He says he’ll make another one. You cheer him on. You see the pc’s time: it’s been hours past your curfew. And you remember you still have to prep for the exam.
25) You start to leave. You tell him you’ll be gone for awhile. He agrees. He goes back continuing on his work.
26) Go to your study area.
27) Sit in that well-lighted place.
2 8 ) Check all the materials you needed for studying.
29) Resume scanning your notes. Minutes later, your eyes started to droop. You’ve figured, you can still wake up earlier in the morning later on and resume your studying.
3 0 ) Go tell your lil bro you need to have some beauty rest already. He agrees and saves his presentation. He, too, needs to go to sleep as well. He still has to attend school tomorrow. You bid your good nights.
31) Go to your bed. Set your cp’s alarm clock.
32) Have some quick beauty rest for awhile. Your cp’s alarm clock rings.
33) You set it on snooze mode. 10 more minutes you say, 10 more minutes and you’re gonna be up. An hour and a half later, you’re finally up. You’ve figured, you’d better prep for school and save some time later on for studying.
34) Prepare for school.
35) Check all your needed stuff and head off to school. You’ve figured, you can catch up on some studying while riding on the jeepney.
36) Ride on some jeepney that’s heading off to the city area.
37) Sit on an area that’s somehow free from distractions (I recommend the front seat area). Pay your fare. After awhile, open your notes.
3 8 ) Hastily (but with caution) resume scanning your notes. Make quick tabs on the important details. You arrive at your stop.
39) Close your notes and stuff them back in your bag.
40) Get off the jeepney.
41) Head towards your examination area.
42) Present your permit.
43) Take out your trusty pen.
45) Breathe in and out. Tell yourself, you can do it.
Then, take the exam.